Hang Man

Monday, March 8, 2010

Going Up? Maybe Not

Apparently my three loyal followers are upset with my lack of blogging. It's nice to know that I am missed, or at least my rantings are missed. I get in a funk about this time every year and I just don't have anything to say. I really think it's because I get homesick. Who would have thought that a loner like me would miss being around my family (even Sarah!). Just kidding Sarah. I haven't teased you in awhile so I just had to throw that in.

The weather here in Florida has sucked! That makes the isolation even worse. Today is the first day since we've gotten back that the weather has been normal. It's funny how my mood can be so influenced by weather.

Today I have been doing repairs. There is always something that is broken or not working every time we come down here. There was some kind of leak causing the ceiling in the hall to be discolored. I finally figured out that it was the upstairs bathtub spigot. The caulk was deteriorated and so the water was getting into the wall behind the shower. So, I caulked the spigot. While I had the caulk out, I caulked around the sinks in the kitchen and bathrooms and where ever else it looked like it needed caulk. Joe was out kayaking so he didn't get caulked.

My biggest complaint regarding the condo is the elevator. It sounds so pretentious to say you have an elevator in your house. Well, let me tell you there is nothing pretentious about it. It is a royal pain in my ass! It has never worked properly. We have put an obscene amount of money into repairs all for nothing. Joe is still determined that he is going to get it fixed. I would love to just have it taken out. I could even make it into a storage area. Anything but an elevator. Besides....really??? an elevator for one flight of stairs. How ridiculous! The few times it has worked, the only things I put in it were groceries or luggage. Every time we have it fixed I feel like we are just throwing money down the shaft. "Here Joe, I have an extra $100. Open the elevator door and throw it in." I see the elevator repair guy show up and I think: "crap, there goes my new range." The burners only have one temperature; high. That's ok, I can't cook food but if the elevator gets fixed I can put my purse in it so I don't have to carry it downstairs. Yeah!

Maybe if I offered to carry Joe up and down the stairs he would give up on trying to get it fixed. Or I know, I could rig it so Joe got stuck in it for awhile. He would be so traumatized that he would rip the elevator out then and there. That would be evil, but it is a thought.

6 comments:

bestmama said...

Thanks so much for finally blogging....even if you are making fun of me!! One thing I DO NOT like though....uh your 3-d friggan shamrocks!!! Im all for the st pattys day, but it makes your blog kinda hard to read with floating shamrocks....feels like im on acid or something. Wierd!

Patti said...

I agree, and since you are one of my three loyal readers I will change it right away! BTW how do you know what it feels like to be on acid? Just wondering.

Manders24 said...

Ok I've read my daily blog, I feel rejuvenated now I can start my day properly!

Sears Home Svc said...

Dear Alpha Doe,
I saw this post and it seems like you may be having issues with your range. We are sorry to hear about these problems. My name is Brian and I work for the Sears Home Services Team. Sears provides service to our customers to virtually any location within the United States and we would like the opportunity to help you if you are considering service on your range. Sorry, we don’t repair elevators… At your convenience, please contact our office via email at SearsHomeSvc@searshc.com with any questions regarding our service options or to schedule a visit from a Sears certified technician. In your email, please include your screen name (Alpha Doe) used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Thank you,
Brian J.
Senior Case Manager
Sears Home Services

Anonymous said...

Alpha Doe this is Steve your elevator repair tech. It appears that you are having trouble with your shaft. I could go into a lengthy explanation about repairs but you seem to have things well in hand. I would have Joe try it in one more time to see if you can come up with a satisfactory solution.

Steve said...

Glad to see that your back. We missed you