Hang Man

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

When Is Doing It Yourself Not Really Worth It?

When the Dish Network people came to install the new dish, they cut through the dogs invisible fence line. It wasn't their fault, I forgot about it. Joe and I used a metal detector to try and find the wire to no avail. Bear is so old and senile that I thought maybe he would be ok without it. Apparently not; he's a wanderer. It would cost $90.00 plus if invisible fence came out to fix it. So....tonight, in an effort to save $90.00 I decided to try and find the break in the wire myself. After digging close to 100 feet of holes and fighting with a huge pine tree, I finally found the two ends! My trenching made the mole tracks in my yard look like ant hills. Right now the leaves are covering the messed up grass so maybe by spring it will look ok. All I have to do now is get the supplies to splice it together and Bear will be back to being zapped in no time, and I saved $90.00. Oh yeah, I have to rebury the wire too.

I'll probably have to pay $90.00 to fix the yard, and I'm going to need a $60.00 massage to fix my back, but that's not the point. The point is......I did it myself!
Yah me!

No comments: