Hang Man

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Visiting MaMa

I was visiting Mom yesterday and we were all watching the roommate's TV. I've mentioned before that Mom's roommate is quiet. She only speaks when she knows I have candy and if I get too close to her space. Even then she uses as few words as possible. I met her daughter yesterday. Her daughter is as loud as she is quiet. She's pretty over the top even for me. She gave a full commentary on the Oprah show. I felt like I needed to agree with her on everything she said. She wasn't rude, just in your face. She kind of scared me. Her Mom scares me, but in a different way. I was hoping Mom didn't make one of her wrinkly nose faces, or say something like; "why is she talking so loud?" It wasn't all unpleasant. At least it broke up the monotony of the day for Mom.

I still have a really hard time visiting Mom. I feel helpless and that word is not in my vocabulary. At least I bring Mom some pleasure when I refill her candy dish with Almond Kisses. The roommates daughter brought her an avocado. Really??? who just eats avocados with nothing else????? And why is that a treat????? If I told Mom I brought her an avocado, I would definitely get the wrinkly nose face.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

I was planning on sending you one avacado for Christmas. Are you telling me you don't want it? FINE.