Hang Man

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Squeeky Wheel

It's true what they say about the squeeky wheel getting greased or oiled or whatever it is that you do to a squeeky wheel. I requested a new bed for Mom because she didn't like the one they originally gave her. She's been sleeping in her recliner. I've asked them about it a few times and they always said that they were working on it. I don't think it should take 12 days to work on it.....so I left a note for the Director of Nursing on Sunday and lo and behold there was a new bed there on Tuesday. It was a nice note; Nurse to Nurse. Mom hadn't slept in it yet because she didn't realize that it was a different mattress. I told her to try it out tonight but she had to remember; "you can't get out of bed without help!" I got the wrinkled nose look. "Why?" "Because when you try to get out of bed without help, you fall down." Wrinkled nose. "Mom, your legs don't work like they used to." "How do you know?" "I know because I've seen you try and get up by yourself. Just use your call light, ok?" Ok! It was one of those "ok's" that you give to someone just to shut them up.

Last week Mom told me about a lady from down the hall that kept coming in her room and trying to get in her bed. "What did you say to her?" "I told her to get the hell out of my bed. Then I told her it wasn't very comfortable anyway." She's such a pistol!