Hang Man

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Time To Celebrate

I got my baby back and she has a brand new keyboard! Other computers are just not the same as your very own. One might say that I have an unnatural attachment to my computer, but I don't care! I love my computer and I don't care who knows it!
when was picking up my computer, one of the guys from the "Geek Squad" explained to me what was actually done to my computer. He also mentioned that I had a couple viruses on it. I have antivirus software so I was skeptical. The big box stores are always trying to sell some sort of service and I figured that he would get around to his sales pitch about how for $100 they can fix that problem for me. He made some quick keystrokes and some Microsoft program came up that apparently removes malicious software. He took care of it just like that! I asked him how he did it? He was pretty evasive, but without looking at me he kind of whispered the commands to me. He says "I'm not supposed to do that." Wow, Thanks! He gave me another tid bit of info to help prevent viruses. Since I am such a kind and generous sole, I will share with you what I learned today.

Patti's TOTD #11: This is how the "Geek" explained it to me. A person can have antivirus and antispyware programs which will catch most problems, but some viruses are acquired through programs that you already allow on your computer. So then the antivirus software thinks that they are ok since it's in a valid program. For instance: Recently on facebook a virus was sent through an unsuspecting person saying that they had a video of you and it included a link. If you opened the link, you would get the virus and since you were signed into a program that was apparently safe, it wasn't detected by your antivirus software. Those bastards. So,to help fix that problem....go to the start menu and click on "run". Type in: mrt and click enter. A Microsoft program will come up that will scan for malicious software and remove it. Pretty Cool!
Next, if you ever get pop ups that say "free antivirus scan", don't "X" out of the screen. The "X" actually activates the cooties. Hold down the alt key and press f4. That will close the window without activating the cooties. Actually I think you can use that for any pop up.

If I would have worn my push up bra, I might have got even better information from the guy. He so wanted me!

3 comments:

Steve said...

What a screwy page. I put a comment on this blog and it showed up on the one above.

Patti said...

Hey don't blame your senility on my blog.

Weird too, your photo didn't show up on this page.

Steve said...

My verility has nothing to do with it.