Hang Man

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Wild Weekend

I'm pretty sure I have traumatized the triplets for life. I won't know for sure until they wake up in the morning. If they run from me screaming in terror then I will know. Julie and the kids came this weekend for a visit, which up until around 4:30 yesterday was going really well. Julie started getting nerve pain in the side of her face; which she has had on one other occasion. Not sure of the cause, but the pain is excruciating! I've never felt so helpless. There was nothing anyone could do to help and medications weren't touching the pain. So while Joe took care of Julie, I entertained the triplets. We built a fire and I taught them how to break sticks with their feet. We had a great time. It got to be time for them to go to bed. I wanted to put them to sleep (WAIT...not like that) I mean put them to bed. So Joe and Amanda and I began to attempt to change diapers and get on pjs. Oh Hell no! That was not happening. Addy and Harrison were screaming and flailing around. Connor actually got the concept that mommy was debilitated so he cooperated with the effort. We finally got diapers on. No pj's though, I figured t shirts were fine. All the while poor Julie is in the living room in terrible pain listening to her children being tortured. It wasn't really torture, it just sounded like it.
It is now 3:00am and Joe and Julie are in the ER and I am here with the kids (who are sleeping...praise the Lord) writing my blog. I should be in bed because I just realized that come morning I will probably be the one to get up with them and I am going to need all the energy I can muster to fight off the retalitory attack. Wish me luck!
I'm figuring that in 10 years or so we will all look back on this and laugh; that is if they are talking to me by then.

2 comments:

Steve said...

Lets try this again. I ran the scan and found no viruses thanks for the tip. We had a bad storm last week and I think it removed a couple of my Hi speed USB ports. Or at least disabled them. Put your bra on and go back and ask that guy how you fix that. I went out and bought a portable hard drive and I'm in the process of backing up my files right now.

Patti said...

I actually just bought a new external hard drive as well. I feel much safer knowing my photos and such are backed up.