Hang Man

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Start The Bidding At $1.00

Nothing gets my heart racing like a good auction. If you've never been to an auction, you should go. Just don't go to the ones I go to, I don't need the competition. I usually see my neighbor at every auction I go to. Her and I have the same taste and we continually end up bidding on the same items. This by the way is not my nemesis neighbor, this neighbor I really like. We usually find a way to work it out. There is a certain finesse needed to navigate an auction and come up with some good bargains. I pretty much wear my emotions on my sleeve and when I am excited about something, it shows! You have to have your poker face on for an auction. Not only because you'll look like an ass if you don't, but because the auctioneers really know how to play to your excitement. It's really easy to get carried away. I should probably take someone with me to help hold my arms down if I get out of control. Here is a list of my purchases from yesterday's auction:

Cutting board table
Child's table/coffee table
Rustic stool
Shop Vac
5' level
Rubber mallet
Hammer
8 wooden bowls/misc wood serving dishes
Craftsman circular saw
Some other saw (I don't really know what it is)

How much did I pay??????? Drum roll please!................$17.00. Now can you see why I am soooooo excited. The 5' level is worth more than that. The fun thing is when you bid on something and they throw in random shit with it. For instance, when the level came up for bid, they also had the rubber mallet and hammer with it. I really didn't want the rubber mallet and hammer. They were the bonus gifts. I got the level for $1. Sometimes the extra stuff they throw in is literally junk, but it's fun sifting through the boxes to see if there are any treasures. That is also why I got a saw that I don't know what it's for. It came with the Craftsman saw, which I also got for $1. Sometimes you end up making an impulse purchase. Last year I bought a lathe. I had every intention of using it. The problem is, I don't have the slightest clue how to use it. Who has time for lessons. I am in the process of trying to resell it. Anyone want a vintage Craftsman wood lathe mounted on a work bench is good working order??????? Let me know, and I'll make you a good deal.

No comments: