Hang Man

Monday, April 6, 2009

Winding Down

The Chokoloskee adventures have come to an end for this year. I took my last kayak trip yesterday and Joe took his boat out today. Now comes the cleaning and packing. Not my favorite part, but at least I get to look forward to seeing my little munchkins soon. I can't wait! I get to see Julian, Nicholas and Jax too....Ha ha, you thought the munchkins were the kids didn't you. I was talking about the chickens! Not really, I meant the kids......or did I?

Joe's fishing trip yesterday yielded great rewards. Because of his incredible fishing skills, we had sea trout for dinner. I'm usually not a fan of the trout, but it was really good. It must be my superb cooking skills. Joe may argue about my cooking skills of late. In the last week or so I have served him: undercooked chicken, way tooooo salty eggplant, and a practically raw potato. Oops! In case you were wondering, eating the fish falls into the category of: having to eat meat so you don't hurt someone else's feelings. Besides, I have to cool it on the beans until I get some beano. I could power a generator for the entire Island of Chokoloskee with my gas.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really hope you get some beano before that really long drive home from florida or I pity the guy who rides with you!

Patti said...

He does too!