Hang Man

Saturday, April 11, 2009

I Was Only Gone Four Weeks!

My chickens have forgotten me! They used to come running when I called them. They seem to be a little apprehensive of me now. Today I tried to coax them into one of the other barn stalls. I got all of them in but one. I gave up trying to get the errant one and went into the house. I was getting ready to run some errands so I decided I should try again to corral the lone chicken. So, picture this: I'm in my robe, wearing Joe's shoes (they were the most convenient), curlers in my hair, carrying a blanket, in the rain. I'm running around the yard like this trying to catch this stupid chicken. I tried to throw the blanket over her, but by the time the blanket hit the ground she had already moved. Finally I used dog food to coax her close to me and then I grabbed her. I wonder if my nice neighbor was watching? He probably had a good laugh. All of the girls were finally caged. I ran my errands and when I pulled into the driveway one of the chickens came walking out from behind the house. I have no idea how she got out. Maybe they aren't so dumb after all. By the way, broken legged Quiche seemed to be a little better today. I'm pretty sure she is eating a drinking. By the time it warms up I may have a one legged chicken hopping around the yard.

2 comments:

Manders24 said...

awe. That is good news. A mothers love...this poor chicken has a broken leg and is missing half of it's beak. And, you still love it!

Patti said...

That's right, unconditional love