Hang Man

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Under The Weather

I haven't been blogging lately because I feel like SHIT! Last Monday afternoon I started having pelvic pain that progressively got worse until I was doubled up in the fetal position on the dining room floor. Brad and Joe both showed up to take me to the ER. Poor Brad thought I was dying. Joe was his calm usual self. After 6 hours in the ER, a CT scan and ultrasound and lots of narcotics; it was determined that I have an ovarian cyst. Why it was causing so much pain, they don't really know. I wasn't real happy with the ER Doc. After the results of the tests, he came in and told me that I had a mass on my ovary and spots on my liver. Being a medical person, that means I have ovarian cancer with mets to my liver. Talk about being freaked out. Thank God for Joe. He went and read the report and deciphered it a little differently. I did have an MRI yesterday to see what the spots on my liver are. They turned out to be nothing of concern. I'm still having lots of pain, but apparently I just have to suck it up until the cyst goes away on its own. I could have my ovary removed, but I really don't want to lose one of my girls. If your a guy reading this, would you want one of your testicles removed? I didn't think so.

7 comments:

Yourmamasbooty said...

We are just glad you are okay.

Patti said...

Thanks Babe!

Manders24 said...

yah! It's rare that you are sick enough to want any help. But we are happy everything is ok!

Steve said...

Nice to have you family close when you need them. I'll say a prayer for you. So if you see some guy in a robe and possibly levitating near you don't go running away, run into the light. No wait thats what you not supposed to do, run away from the light. Oh shit, I'll just pray to the virgin Mary, you remember whats thats like don't you.

Love you a lot.

Patti said...

Remember what's like? praying or being a virgin.

Steve said...

I guess either one but I was leaning toward the virgin part.

Patti said...

Oh so long ago!