Hang Man

Friday, February 13, 2009

My Romeo

Aaaah, Love is in the air. Spring is just around the corner and we're just one day away from the most romantic day of the year. I am not one for impractical displays of affection like store bought flowers or candy. Give me a new power tool and I will love you forever. However, sometimes even "I" appreciate a little romance. Joe and I were on the subject of divorce; not a romantic subject you say? No, it's not, but we were talking about other peoples divorces. In our circle of friends there are a few recent breakups. Ok, it's not really a circle of friends, because we don't have many friends. It's more like a dot of friends. Really they're not friends, they're more like acquaintances. So, in our dot of acquaintances there have been a few breakups. I jokingly asked Joe if he was going to get rid of me anytime soon, figuring he would say something like; "Oh no darling, I love you too much to let you go!" Or at least something to that effect. Instead he says; "No, it would be too much work." Seriously???? That's like saying; "I'm staying married to you because there is too much paperwork involved in a divorce." Or; "My schedule is too full to fit in appointments with a lawyer." How romantic! Come on Joe, throw me a bone!!!!! After I pointed out that his comment was less than inspiring, he quickly made up by saying some mushy stuff that was total bullshit. That satisfied me. What really touched my heart though was the fact that he took the trash to the curb for me. What a man! He's quite a Romeo.

5 comments:

Manders24 said...

I like the mushy romantic stuff to, but doing chores is high on my list too. Yeah and knowing that he is a lot like Brad...they need to stick to what suits them best, like taking out the trash....please don't try sweeping the house or doing the dishes, because we would have to just redo them anyway. It would be a nice gesture, but really it just causes us to have to do extra work. Seriously though, I am not big on POWER TOOLS but a new vaccum or carpet shampooer would be high on my list.

Steve said...

He has had the proper training from what I can see from your tale of woe. I have been told that I couldn't afford it I'll cut small round objects from a certain part of your anatomy. Actually there not that small so it would be a major operation. I'm sure you get my drift. Oy Vey yes it is Bryan with a Y, my bad. Just trying to catch up all of the blogs at once. The logo looks nice, I see all of the symbolism and WD just by itself wouldn't get the point across since a doe doesn't have antlers. But I digress. Julian still has a thing for Carrie I guess. I received pics of Kyle and Carries Sea monkey today. Did I forget anything.

Lauren said...

I love it! I read a thing the other day on Post Secret....."I asked my husband if he would rather have sex or pancakes and he paused a minute, then said, 'Do the pancakes have blueberries in them?'". Hilarious. A while back I asked Kenny if he wanted to marry me. He said, "Don't you think if I did, I would have asked you by now?" Can't fault people for being honest I guess! Men (in general) are too funny. I am so glad you and both found guys that have such an elequent way with words ;)

bestmama said...

You can totally tell i married into your family. Power tools? Vaccumes? Are you shitting me.....buy me a new pair of Uggs, or a purse, or a new Northface. They one time Bryan got me a home appliance for mothers day, I went out and bought myslef something for REAL! By the way, as I am sitting here typing this my husband is washing the dishes, and puttin the ones in the washer away. Oh the life:)

Patti said...

you love us!