Hang Man

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Michael, Michael, Michael

What were you thinking Michael Phelps? Apparently not thinking. That Mary Jane kills brain cells, not to mention decreases lung capacity. My first thought when I heard of his indiscretion was to say, "What an Idiot!" Then I thought about it and I'm kind of feeling bad for him now. Obviously he is not a stoner. He couldn't have achieved what he has by smoking pot everyday. It takes extreme dedication and sacrifice to do what he has done in the sports world. He was just cuttin loose and having a little fun, albeit illegal fun. His biggest mistake was to do it around people that didn't have his best interests at heart. If that picture came from one of his friends, then he best be cutting them loose. I give him credit for admitting his guilt. He didn't try to blame it on someone else, or say it wasn't him. That makes him a stand up guy as far as I'm concerned. He got his punishment. He lost millions of $$$$$. Kellogg dropped him as a spokesperson. I think that was a move they had to make. Most of their products are geared toward kids. However, the groups that support the legalization of pot have his back. They are boycotting Kellogg's products. No more pop tarts for them. Go stoners! I'm just glad that there weren't cell phone cameras back in the late 70's or I'd have some explaining to do. "No really mom, my eyes are just red because I went swimming today."

No comments: