Hang Man

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Quality Control

Today was the perfect opportunity for me to follow my own advice about "lightening up." I ordered a spring type rocking horse online from Walmart. You can order it online and then pick it up at the store and not have to pay shipping. What a great idea. So I get the notice today that it has arrived at the store. I'm pretty excited because I know the kids will love it. I brought it home just in time for Julian and Nicholas and I to put it together. The boys had the tools...you know, screwdriver, pliers, magnifying glass. I don't know what the magnifying glass was for either but apparently they needed it. We started to unpack it. 4 legs? check. 1 body? check. springs and bolts? check. 1 head? hmmmmmmm! Seriously? Sure enough, no head. I can understand maybe a bolt missing here or there, but the head? I couldn't help but laugh. Julian says: "That's ridiculous!" Nicholas says: "Why no head?" "I don't know" I tell him. "Why?" he says. That conversation could go on for 1/2 an hour. I could probably see if the company would send me a head, but that would probably just create more problems. I'll just take it back and start over. By the way, the boys wanted me to put it together anyway without the head. They didn't care, they could use the opening where the head should be to store their toys.

No comments: