Hang Man

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Digital Converter

Yes, Joe and I still own regular TV sets. They are all probably over 15 years old. My theory is that once the digital conversion goes into effect, most everyone will have bought new TV sets so the demand will be down and the price will go down. However, in the mean time we will have to get a digital converter. No big deal, I sent for the $40 coupons. The first time I went to purchase the converter they were out of them at Walmart. They were even out online. I waited awhile and kind of forgot about it. I was at Walmart yesterday and they had them in stock. I purchased them and when it was time for the coupon amount to be credited, it didn't work. "Oh, your coupons expired." "What!!!!" Are you kidding me? Leave it to the government to do something stupid like that. There is a deadline for when this conversion will take place so why not make that when the coupons expire. If there is a reason for this stupidity, I would love to know what it is.

3 comments:

Manders24 said...

yeah it's crazy. Apparently they give you 3 months to buy them. It's their way of getting us. Its bad enough that we have to get them in the first place, we should get to decide whether or not we want to upgrade to the new "better" service. Well speaking from experience with the new digital stations...it's not that great.

Lauren said...

How do you watch "normal" tv??? I don't know that I could handle not watching Blue-Ray Dvd's or HD tv! It's soooooooo much better!

Patti said...

you don't miss what you've never had.