Hang Man

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The Mighty Hunter

I stocked up on ammo today, put on my coveralls, and set out for the hunt. I started out lying on the ground close to where the chicken massacre took place. I was lying on a decline, so it wasn't very comfortable and I couldn't get my rifle in the proper position. Not to mention the mosquitoes kept buzzing my head. Change of plans, I figured I would go to Bryan's deer stand. Not a big fan of heights. I climbed up anyway and sat down. No wonder hunters sit perfectly still, there is no where to move. I got myself situated and the hunt was on. I researched a little last night and found out that if you make animal distress calls, it will (hopefully) attract the coyote. They actually make all kinds of devices you can use to make sounds, but being the thrifty girl that I am I figured I would use my mouth instead of buying an expensive gadget. One sound you can make is a kissing sound. That is supposed to simulate a mouse in distress. So here I am, twenty feet up in the air making kissing noises. I did that so long that my lips started to chap. Then I decided that I would make chicken noises since that is what attracted them in the first place. I only did that for a little while because it made me giggle. I had to go back to the kissing noise. I sat until dark without seeing a thing. I can definitely see the appeal of hunting though. You get to wear neat clothes and have lots of cool accessories and sit and enjoy nature. It is hard for me though to sit in one place that long. I kept wishing I took my DS with me. I'll try again tomorrow.

2 comments:

Manders24 said...

That is the funniest thing I ever heard. I can so picture you doing all of that!

Lauren said...

I so wish someone was recording that......