Hang Man

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Who Makes This Stuff Up???

Sarah came over last night so that I could help her study for her "Teas" test. It is a standardized test that she needs to take and pass before she can be admitted into the nursing program. This is something new since I've gone to nursing school. I thought maybe I could help her understand some medical concepts and such. She brings the book which wasn't too intimidating; only about an inch thick. Compared to the Nursing Board Review book which is about 3 inches thick. I figured this will be a piece of cake and I can show her how smart I am and yada, yada, yada. The first thing she showed me was a chart with big "A's" and little "a's" and a bunch of stuff about alleles and dominant and recessive and lots of words that I'm not sure I've ever heard of. "What are you trying to become? A genetic engineer???" I know I learned that stuff at one point in time, however, I've definitely forgotten it. After a little while I pretty much figured that out and she seems pretty comfortable with it so we move on. Graphs and charts and pill bugs. Yah, some scenario about pill bugs and eating wheat and being in the dark. I don't know it was all crazy. Sarah decides that she wants to take an online practice test. I'm all for that, I think that is a really good way to study and get an idea of the real test. We take it together. Math,reasoning problems, punctuation and spelling all went pretty well. Then we get to Science. "Are you kidding me?" What is it about Tectonic plates that is related to the medical field? Why do I care how rocks are formed? There were a few medical related questions, the rest were a random trivia that there is no way you could study for. Either you know it or you don't. Not fair, but reality. So, she's taking the test for real on Monday. I know she can do it, she just has to stay positive. As a little back up though; everyone say a little prayer when they wake up on Monday to give Sarah the edge. By the way, I didn't do that well on the punctuation part, so don't critique my writing. I'm not even sure what a conjunction is.

6 comments:

bestmama said...

I am glad we took the test together casue you did help me understand some things. However, I am trying to stay positive, which is hard to do when for some reason I cant grasp the science part. Which is wierd because that is all I have spent the last TWO YEARS studying~AHHH frusterating.Did I spell tht right?LOL

Yourmamasbooty said...

A conjunction is an uninflected linguistic form that joins together sentences, clauses, phrases, or words.

Tectonic PLates are pieces of the Earth's crust and uppermost mantle, together referred to as the lithosphere.

Bryan Osselaer Class of 2004
Indiana University GPA 3.75
Summa cum laude.

Manders24 said...

An example of a conjunction may be as follows: and, but, or etc.

Amanda Van Zant/Class of 2007
Indiana University/Purdue University
G.P.A: 3.6
Master's of Speech and Hearing Science
Associates of Psychology
Minor in Sociology
Business owner :)


P.S. Sarah you will do great, you are too much of a worry wort, but that can be good because it makes you study a lot!

Patti said...

I have raised two narcissists.

Patti Ottinger/class of 1995
Purdue University Ft Wayne
4.0!!!!!GPA
Associate of Science
Highetst Distinction

Anonymous said...

Isn't a conjunctive that itis thing you get in your eye.

Annymus
Indiana School of the Numb 1975
Summa Cum Loudly

Lauren said...

You McKee's (and those raised my them) are a clever bunch.