Hang Man

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Moore Family Reunion

We had the Moore Family Reunion today at Foster Park. My mom and Aunt Velma actually made it this year. They are the two oldest siblings. It's getting harder to get them out and about. It's difficult for mom to walk too much. The one thing I noticed at the reunion is the inevitable fact that every one is aging. I see the "kids" that I grew up now all have kids and grand kids. I didn't know half of the people that were there. It was pretty easy though to tell who they belonged too. Most of the kids now look just like one or both of their parents. Aging really does suck! Life is like the ultimate cosmic joke. By the time you start to settle down and know yourself and be comfortable with who you are and have the means to do more things, your body starts to give out and you can't enjoy it. Well screw that! I'm gonna play softball even though my muscles are sore afterwards. I am not going to utter the phrase "I'm too old for that". I will follow my grand kids down the slide (until I break a hip). I will still wear the leather skirt that makes me look like a hoochie (well, maybe not in public). I refuse to go down without a fight and by no means am I ready to settle into a retired life. I am just getting started.! And God Bless the person that invented hair dye.

4 comments:

bestmama said...

I am glad to hear you are still going to play softball, we can sit and listen to the outfield talk about kittens and puppies. And if I catch you in a leather skirt I m ay be forced to commit you:)

Lauren said...

I love it! What are you going to retire from anyways? Making bunny harnesses? You married a rich Dr., so you don't have to work remember? :)

Manders24 said...

You go girlfriend! But maybe not the hoochie skirts, just kidding you don't embarass me anymore, that was way back when I had a reputation to worry about and now I just don't care. You better never turn into an old women because that means once you start acting like you are old, chances are I am old too!

Lisa said...

I second that! Hallelujah sister!! I mean Auntie P. I will be so old when I have grandkids that I will probably embarrass them in my hoochie mama skirt, but I don't care!