Hang Man

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Barnyard Fun

I put in a search on Google: "copulation of rabbits" I was trying to be somewhat medical in my terminology. What I really wanted to know is how long it takes for rabbits to "do it." Sure enough, up pops a heading: "How long does it take for rabbits to do it." I love the Internet. There was a little rabbit incident tonight. I keep all of them in different cages, but when I put them in the yard pen I put the two does out together and then I put them up and put the buck out. During the exchange, Toby(doe) was in with Happy(buck) for a few seconds so I could make the switch. I'm telling you it wasn't 10 seconds that Happy was chasing Toby and trying to jump on her. The pen that I have in the grass has an opening at one end and it's 9 feet long by 3 feet wide and I have wire over the top to keep out predators. The only way to get to them before they complete the deed is to climb into the pen. Did I mention that it is only 2 feet high. I start screaming at Happy to get off of Toby which brings Bear(my dog) over to see what all the commotion is about. I'm trying to climb into the cage and keep Bear out all the while my sweater keeps getting caught on the wire top of the cage. Toby is managing to keep her virginity in tack by running around. Right before I grab Toby, Happy jumps on and does some quick bunny thrusts to which I respond by pushing him off hopefully before he finished. I've never been that close to bunny sex before. So that is what prompted my Internet search about bunny sex. Apparently it takes only minutes, maybe even seconds for bunnies to mate, however; when they are done the buck usually falls off out of satisfaction. Happy didn't get to fall off, I think I pushed him off before he was done. I think I'm safe. Here are some other interesting bunny facts:
- Rabbits have two pair of boobs
- They eat their own poop at night
- They can't throw up
- It takes 40 rabbits to make a full length coat
- They have three eyelids
- They ovulate in response to sex that is why they can reproduce so often
- Bunny sex last only seconds and their is no foreplay
So guys the next time a woman tells you that you hump like a rabbit, don't take it as a compliment.

No comments: