Hang Man

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Getting Fit

Two days down of eating better and exercising. Well actually only one day of exercising. Jax and I went to Indian Trails Park and walked around the path (2miles). One mile was me pushing Jax in the stroller and the second mile was me carrying Jax and him trying to help me push the stroller. I wanted to go three miles but I figured pushing a ten pound stroller and carrying a twenty six pound child for two miles was really equivalent to three miles. For a little more exercise I used a push mower on about a half of an acre of our yard which is almost 8 acres total. I figured that was enough for one day so I rode my motorcycle around town. Riding my motorcycle is kind of like exercise. You have to use core muscles to balance when you are stopped and you can do inner thigh exercises by squeezing the gas tank. Actually after the first time I rode this spring my legs were sore the next day. Plus your forearms get a workout from squeezing the clutch and brake. Ok so maybe that's pushing it a little bit but any activity that gets you moving is good. Reaching for the remote and pushing the buttons doesn't count.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

I thought about going for a run yesterday. Does that count?

Patti said...

Well you were working out your brain at least, so it's a start.