Hang Man

Thursday, September 3, 2009

It's Started Already

Well it's happened. I recieved my first senior citizen solicitation by mail. AARP sent me a membership card and application. Funny thing though; I've already been a member for about 10 years because of Joe. The letter actually came addressed with my former last name so I just pretended it wasn't me. Yes I'm in denial. I don't feel old. I still find it weird when people call me a Grandma. Also lately I've been getting a lot more emails related to being old (thanks Jan). Just for the record, I'm fighting this old thing for as long as I can. By the way, do I get free coffee at McDonald's yet? I'm gonna use the hell out of any senior citizen discount that I can!

4 comments:

Manders24 said...

Oh and Kohls offers a discount for senior citizens, i think on wednesdays!! Shopping...but I tink it's only for "granny items" like doylies (sp?), walkers, keds, and rain hats.
Haha, j/k you get younger by the years:)

Patti said...

Thanks Danders!

Steve said...

I think your jumping the gun a bit. AARP sends cards starting at 50 because they want your money. I didn't get my Golden Buckeye Card until I turned 60. It says that you can get discounts of up to 50% on some items. I asked them for a list of all the places that give a 50% discount, I'm still waiting for an answer. I do use mine at Kohls on oldster day to get the extra 5% and at one of the local grocery stores when thay have their Senior discount days.

THIS GOOGLE BLOG ACCOUNT SHIT IS REALLY BEGINNING TO PISS ME OFF. I HAVE MY SIGN IN AND PASSWORD STORED IN A FILE SO I CAN REMEMBER THE MILLIONS THAT I HAVE. THIS ONE IS NOW TELLING ME THAT I HAVE AN INCORRECT PASSWORD. FUCK OFF GOOGLE I'M DONE

Steve said...

I mis typed it the first time but when it came back incorrect it didn't put a new word verification for me to use. Shame on you google I had to close out the window and start all over again. You'd think that they would have this shit figured out by now. I know I'm not the first person to have this problem. Sorry about the F BOMB but sometimes it just makes you feel good.