Hang Man

Monday, August 24, 2009

Countdown To The Party

The food is ordered, rooms are reserved and according to AccuWeather.com it should be 75 and partly sunny. I think I have most everything ready for the Labor Day party. I'm soooooo excited. The only thing that is slightly bumming me out is the weather up to this point has been so wet that I can't get the stones put around the lake. If you've been to the party in the past, you know that it's pretty soggy and mucky by the lake. This year we decided to bring in stones to help keep the lake edge from eroding and to have a solid place to stand when getting in the kayaks for the race. Right now I have a 5 foot high pile of field stones sitting about 50 feet from the edge of the lake. It's too soggy to bring a bobcat in to move the rock to the lake edge. I've thought about doing it by hand (and I still might) but I'm hoping for a few days of dry weather so I don't have to. I've already been out in the boat around the shore line with hedge trimmers cutting down the tall water grasses. Don't worry, they weren't electric trimmers. I want to have a clear path for the kayak race. I expect lots of participation this year. Since Bryan and I won't be a team, it will give everyone else a chance. Ha Ha! Seriously though we did kick ass. However, since our win last year was met with less than enthusiasm I decided we need to do something different. We will draw teams randomly so everyone will have a fair chance. I can't help it that Bryan and I are just superior athletes. It's a curse that we have to live with daily. Be fore warned that when Bryan and I are competing against each other, we fight. So it could get ugly. I'm just sayin.

9 comments:

Steve said...

He also cheats. Seems to me that someone was kicking his but in a previous race and he did something that would prevent his loss. I think that the international governing body of pond kayak races association should launch an investigation. Who knows it may uncover something akin to the BALCO scandle or the doping allegations that have been following the Tour de France.

Anonymous said...

party, what party why wasn't I invited!

Patti said...

You weren't invited because you're anonymous! Your address is anonymous too! :)

You're invited, you just can't tell anyone.

bestmama said...

Who is anonomous??? And can I opt out of the race....i got screwed last year cause my partners pants were to tight his balls were in his throat and couldnt row his boat!!! Bull SHIT!!! I always get stuck with people who dont want to win as bad as me, which is why i think you and Bryan won that ONE year, cause you both hate to lose. Well I hate to lose too, so maybe if I just dont do it, than i will feel better....ahhhh.

Yourmamasbooty said...

That guy sure did have some nuthuggers on didn't he?

Patti said...

Oh Hell No! Sarah you are definitely racing. It can be your Birthday present to me. Who knows, I might get stuck with nuthugger. You just have to motivate your partner. Maybe you'll get lucky and get Bryan or Kyle. I'm hoping for some wirey skinny guy that can get in and out of the kayak quickly.

It's so on!!!!!!!

Patti said...

Oh yeah, what does that mean "ONE year?" We've won twice.

Anonymous said...

Poor Sarah will probably get stuck with me. I never win anything. I have Ottinger cordination so it is really not my fault. Lets say if Sarah draws me she can draw again. I don't want any talk next year on your blog about the saggy breasted sister-inlaw.
I have decided I am going to do some reading up on proper ways to kayak so I can bring it this years.
BTW I bought a Mega?? or powerball ticket in Atlanta it is 350 million. Lets all hope I get lucky. Then non of us have to worry again. Be thinking of what you want your bday gift to be Nanu. A big Harley? Love you! Can't wait!!!
Julie

Patti said...

A Harley sounds good, but I would probably be afraid to ride it. Don't worry, you won't draw Sarah in the race because it's guy/girl teams. Besides Sarah is all talk. You will do just fine. I will give you some pointers as long as you don't use them to beat me.