Hang Man

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Poor Joe

I made Joe a fishing pole stand for the farm. It turned out pretty good. As I added the finishing touches it made me think....."poor Joe". If you look closely at the top of the stand there is a knob (actually vintage from my mom's old stuff). Underneath the knob is a wooden flower. Yes it is a flower. I needed something to cover up the hole from the dowel and secure it to the top of the stand. I happened to have the wooden embellishment on hand and it worked perfect. I started to think of the other things that I have done for "Joe" like.....painting the smiley face on the deck of his boat, customizing the scooter with flowers, buying a pink pistol, dressing his beloved dog in frilly dresses.......could I emasculate him any more! Poor Joe. He doesn't complain. He takes it all in stride. So here's to you Joe. Happy Father's Day! Your not my father but you are my "Daddy". I love you!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

I love it! Well done :)
I'm sure he doesn't mind it one bit either...